Call for Submissions: Book on Translation and Interpretation Research
The Language Training & Testing Center (LTTC) is now accepting submissions from authors who
presented papers at the 2012 LTTC International Conference, The Making of a Translator.
The conference received high acclaim for its overall organization and its quality presentations by
eminent scholars in translation and interpretation (T&I). To share the outcomes with the larger T&I
community, the LTTC will be publishing a special volume that will include selected papers from
the conference across the following areas:
● Education, Certification and Evaluation of the Translator
● Translators in History
● Translation Technology
● Translation and Cross-Cultural Theory
● Literary Translation
All conference presenters are invited to submit revised versions of their papers. Submissions
will be subject to a blind review process, during which the papers will be evaluated in terms of
novelty, relevance to the field, methodology, clarity of presentation, and theoretical/practical value.
Authors will be notified on the status of their submissions via email in December 2012.
Please note the following submission procedures:
1. Language: Manuscripts can be written in either Chinese or English. Authors of manuscripts
accepted for publication will be requested to provide the titles and abstracts in BOTH languages.
2. Page limit: Manuscripts must not exceed 25 pages in length (15,000 words for English or 20,000
words for Chinese), exclusive of references and appendices.
3. Document format: All submissions should be in Microsoft Word format (.doc/docx). References
and bibliographies should conform to the most recent APA Style Guide.
4. No submitted content may infringe the copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party;
no manuscripts submitted for publication elsewhere will be considered.
5. Please click here for more specific style guidelines and a template.
6. Finished papers should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for paper
submission is September 30, 2012.
Authors of manuscripts accepted for publication will receive a free copy of the book when it is
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ms. Sheila Hung
Conference Organizing Team
2012 LTTC International Conference
Tel: (+886) 2 2362-6385, ext. 299
Fax: (+886) 2 2367-1466